Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Pretty Productive

Today I actually got some stuff done for a change.

Went to the eye doctor, found out that Steve's insurance covers glasses OR contacts not both. So I ordered new contact and I'm going to look at Target or Costo for new glasses (read: CHEAP glasses). I really want glasses that I can wear without feeling like I'm dressed down. For so long I've associated glasses with hangovers and not showering that when I wear them I feel grubby even if I'm not. :) So, I guess I need 'dress up' glasses.

After the eye doctor I went to Target (I LOVE me some Target) and got some sweaters on sale ($6 apiece!), a drying rack for all of our sweaters :), a new cat toy/perch as a reward for being so good at the vet and my best purchase was a rattan trunk to put at the end of our bed to hold our sheets and duvet covers. I LOOOOOVE storage space.

The apartment has seemed exceptionally small recently. Probably because I'm pretty much trapped inside it all day. So, it was good to make a dent in organization. Moving the linens to the trunk frees up space in the armoire for Steve's clothing so it doesn't have to live on the floor anymore. :)

A BIG organizational goal I have is to get caught up on laundry (both mine and his) and get ALL of our clothes put AWAY! Imagine that! Steve is creeped out by the idea of me doing his laundry for some reason but he's going to have to deal with it. I want that washing machine running 24/7. I'm sure a lot of you wish that your husband was obsessive about doing his own laundry but it's not as nice as it sounds. He literally doesn't trust me not to ruin his clothes and lives in fear that they might be washed on something besides cold! Oooooooh scary!

Anyhow. It was nice to get a little bit accomplished today. Tomorrow is supposed to be -40 outside so I'm staying in and doing more laundry/cleaning/hiding under a blanket to stay warm. :)

I also managed to overhaul my blog space. What do you think?

Torey continues to do well, I don't get to talk to her as much as I'd like but that comes with the territory.

Hope all is well in cyber land.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Oooh, you found a new background already. I like it. And I love this new picture!

Azull said...

Love the overhaul.

LOL about the laundry, I'm the same way w/DH washing mine.